Wednesday 25 July 2012

Embrace Your Potential @ Chin Swee Temple Genting Highlands: Day 2

Remember our previous post where we sent ECF up to Genting to embrace his potential. Well, he left you with a cliffhanger. He's back to complete his post with Day 2. 

***

Hi everyone, it's me, ECF again! Sorry to keep you waiting for this post as i was busy enjoying good food most of the time. So I went to Chin Swee Temple a couple of weeks ago (Day 1 link is here) and here was what happened in Day 2. Enjoy! 

On day 2, all of us were forced to gather at Sky Terrace at 7am in the morning. Not sure if this is normal for everyone, or just abnormal for me because it's pretty darn freaking early. Anyway, I still managed to reach there on time as I didn't want to miss the fun of meditating at Sky Terrace.

Morning scene at Sky Terrace, cold and peaceful.

We began with walking meditation. The objective was to clear your mind and bring awareness to every step that you take. The process took about 10 minutes before we proceed to breathing meditation. Basically, there were 3 types of breathing meditations- first you breathe into your stomach, then you inhale using your left side of nose and exhale using your right side of nose, and vice versa, and the last one was you exhale like you are short of breath or attacked by asthma.

Everyone sat down before breathing meditations start.

A pressure indicator device.

Here was my result, I am stressed out.

After the end of meditation session, I felt extremely fresh, at the same time extremely hungry as well, and the breakfast came at perfect timing.

Peanut porridge.

And fried mee with vegetable.

A plate of not so oily fried mee, because of the vegetarian meal.

The porridge was hot, but who cares, I was hungry.

We finished off the whole bowl really fast.

I felt really warm because my stomach was filled with hot food in cold weather. After taking a short break, all of us back to meeting room to discuss about the mandalas. During the session, the facilitator finally revealed the secret of mandala: The first mandala was my true self, and the second mandala was my other self that I want others to see. And we discussed what do we think or how do we feel about every mandala.




And that was the end of Embrace Your Potential event. Below were some pictures taken before I left the place with a heavy heart.





Before we call it a day at Genting Highlands, we had our lunch at a mamak at Gohtong Jaya, a place located nearby the Genting Skyway station. Nothing special about the food there, but... oh well.

Nasi goreng pattaya.

Nasi kandar with ayam sambal.

Overall, I was really satisfied with the event as I had gained unforgettable knowledge and experience from it. I look forward to join another Genting event and meeting new more people. Till then, see ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're on NuffnangX