Tuesday 17 July 2012

FH Quickie: Kangaroo Burgers

I don't know where most of you stand on kangaroos, but I think they're adorable. In fact, I think they're so adorable that when my friend Michelle asked me whether I wanted to try kangaroo meat here in Melbourne, I didn't even think twice. Remember, the answer is yes, just in case anyone asks you the same question.

Never say no to this! 

So we headed to this little shop in Melbourne called 1000 £ Bend, where they had something called a Grilled Roo Burger. If you're like me, the first thing you will imagine is this.

RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD!

Fortunately, my childhood was saved from further bashing when the actual burgers came.


These whoppers really works up one's appetite, especially when one has been out walking in the windy cold Melbourne weather.

Pictured: A ravenous appetite.

What I will say about kangaroo burgers is, GIVE ME MORE! The meat tastes very...outdoorsy. That's the first word that came up for me. 

Outdoorsy. It's now a word.

It's not like beef or chicken but more towards a mix of lamb and venison. You know, the taste of the great outdoors! That's how kangaroo meat tastes like. Michelle said it tastes rustic so we'll also include that in here.

Rustic tasting.

But the burger came with a little too much veggies for my taste. I would rather have more kangaroo meat. If I wanted veggie burgers, I would have gone to Lord of the Fries. Just saying...

Overall, delicious. Plus, 1000 £ Bend has the cheapest beer in town at AUD 2.50 a glass. Oh, I forgot to mention that kangaroo meat and beer goes REALLY well together.

What doesn't go well with beer?

So the next time you're in Melbourne, you should head on over here for some outdoorsy meat and a bouncing good time.

More info:

1000 £ Bend

Address: 361 LT LONSDALE STREET
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Opening hours: Monday - Wednesday 8am - 11pm
Thursday - Friday 8am - 1am
Saturday 10am - 1am
Sunday 10am - 11pm

1000 Pound Bend on Urbanspoon

Cheerios!


6 comments:

We're on NuffnangX